In many ways, a real estate lawyer can help real estate investors or buyers more than a real estate agent can. That’s because they know all the complexities of real estate. That’s why if you hire them early on, you are guaranteed to save more time and money and you will definitely be saved from risks.
Buying a home is one of the most expensive financial decisions you will make. Lawyers will help you determine if your money is getting all that is worth.
Specifically they will help buyers in the following ways:
- In several states, it is really part of a real estate buying and selling process to have an attorney’ presence and assistance. Otherwise it would be against the law.
- They will help you buy a house that is probate, or foreclosed, or on a short sale and will deal with all the legal processes involved in it.
- If a legal dispute arises between you and the seller, your lawyer will represent you wherever it may lead to.
- The lawyer will make sure you have paid all the required payments and signed and filed the required documents.
- They will conduct a title search to make sure the property you’re trying to buy has no standing legal problems.
- They will go through the 50 to 60 pages of paperwork involved if you’re trying to purchase a property that has not been constructed such as a condo unit.
- Property sellers on urban properties usually sugarcoat sales incentives just to draw buyers in. If you’ve been hooked, these incentives will look quite different when it’s put in legal papers. Your lawyer’s job is to make you understand every bit and part that you don’t.
When the deal is done, your lawyer will hand out the deed and the keys. How smooth is that!!