Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Right location is an important factor to running a successful business. A strategic location can give you the right customers and publicity. You may find the right location perfect for ...
You might not agree with the results of the police report for your DUI case the first time you see it. The report contains the results of the field sobriety ...
Car injuries signify the majority of accidental injuries statements in the United States.
According to the National Road Traffic Safety Management, a car incident occurs in the U.S. every ten seconds ...
Did you know that in a traffic court, when the officer who caught you fails to show up during the trial, you will win the case? This may happen if ...
Landlord–tenant law is an aspect of the typical law that inform the privileges and responsibilities of residence owners and renters. It contains components of both actual estate law (specifically conveyances) ...
Divorce is anyway not a very pleasant experience. And when you consider the emotional, physical and financial trauma two of them undergo, it is really tedious to deal with it. ...
Adopting a child can be a wonderful experience and fortunately, most adoptions work out well for everyone involved. Adoption is a legal process that ends the rights of the biological ...
The saying, DUI or the Driving under Influence only is enough to tense you up. And you can’t ignore the situations it will lead to. The penalty for the same ...
It's really a great idea to hire a real estate attorney early on because it will help you save more time and money as well as defend you from various ...
Your landlord cannot end your tenancy without a good cause and especially without the blessing of the court. If you have received a notice of termination even before the due ...
How to Deal With Zoning Problems?
Important part in your dui case
What works and what does not work in
Affordable lawyer for felony charge
How to hire a real estate attorney?
Notice of eviction before due date of rent