Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
The landlord has the right to evict the tenant especially when the tenant hasn't paid the rent on full and on time. However, the landlord has no right to evict ...
Traffic violations don't seem to be all minor offences since they need major ramifications within the future. Reckless driving causes most of the traffic accidents and to stop that, traffic ...
DUI case or Intoxicated driving is the act of working or generating an automobile while under the impact of liquor or medication to the level that psychological and engine skills ...
Rents are usually due on the first day of the month. But generally, rent payment depends on the agreement you have made with the landlord. It may be specified in ...
Kid misuse is the actual, sex-related or emotional maltreatment or ignore of kids or kids. In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department ...
The primordial rule for business location is to never sign a lease for a business zone or space if you are not yet completely sure that you are legally allowed ...
Within the field of regulation, there's much concentration on DUI and DWI prosecutions. With the amazing data for both in Texas, it is incredibly essential to become informed on the ...
While driving your car, you are not allowed to have any alcohol containers, such as bottles and cans, that have been opened, having broken seal, nor had its content partially ...
If you want to be one of those who were wise to disguise their names as owners to their real estate investment, you can consider doing it so with a ...
The Real Estate Law is indeed extensive and this is not possible for a layman to know each and every memorandum of the law. Thus, if you are planning to ...
What to do when your tenant doesn’t pay
Things a tenant should know about rental agreement
Zoning laws – Avoid Zoning trouble
Difference Between DUI and DWI?
Reason to buy investment property under a real
The real estate law and the tips to