Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Divorce is anyway not a very pleasant experience. And when you consider the emotional, physical and financial trauma two of them undergo, it is really tedious to deal with it. ...
Living in a house or an apartment with a roommate can be fun, especially if that roommate is your friend. However, when your roommate pays rent late, your friendship might ...
There are mistakes that will definitely affect your landlord business and these are what you should avoid.
1.Tenant discrimination intentionally or unintentionally. This warrants a one-way ticket to a legal proceeding. ...
For those of you who are in job need to have a clear idea about what you as an employee are liable for. And by this aspect it does not ...
If you go for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you may have a lot or all of your debts canceled. On the other hand, you might need to sell some or all ...
If you are not satisfied with the conditions of the apartment or house you are renting, you can stop paying rent until your landlord does the appropriate repairs. This act ...
When you are investing on a real estate property, you can choose to buy through real estate investment trust (REIT), limited liability company (LLC) or under your own name. Choosing ...
Right location is an important factor to running a successful business. A strategic location can give you the right customers and publicity. You may find the right location perfect for ...
If you have some real estate properties on rent, you may not need a staff lawyer, but it would be best to consult a lawyer constantly. Just like any other ...
Within the field of regulation, there's much concentration on DUI and DWI prosecutions. With the amazing data for both in Texas, it is incredibly essential to become informed on the ...
Roommate and late rent payment?
Top reasons that can severely affect your landlord
How to get workers compensation lawyer
An overview: rent withholding
Real estate property purchasing option?
How to Deal With Zoning Problems?
Why Should a Landlord Hire a Lawyer?
Difference Between DUI and DWI?