Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
It is the penalties and the fines that irk people so much every time they get pulled over for traffic ticket. The citation can greatly affect the driving privileges and ...READ MORE
If you are facing a red light camera ticket case, the best thing you can use for your defense is to challenge the clarity of the image captured. You better ...READ MORE
If you are not satisfied with the conditions of the apartment or house you are renting, you can stop paying rent until your landlord does the appropriate repairs. This act ...READ MORE
While driving your car, you are not allowed to have any alcohol containers, such as bottles and cans, that have been opened, having broken seal, nor had its content partially ...READ MORE
For those of you who are in job need to have a clear idea about what you as an employee are liable for. And by this aspect it does not ...READ MORE
You must have heard of the friends or family members being caught under the DUI. Definitely, Driving under Influence is not a small case. In fact most of the states ...READ MORE
Selling a home can bring up a lot of issues and could easily become a maze of processes. To make sure that you get your home’s worth, it would be ...READ MORE
There are several ways in which you can evict the tenant you don't like without raising the red flag. One of it is to convert or demolish your rented unit. ...READ MORE
There are Federal and State laws that promote antidiscrimination where you as a landlord have certain limitations with the things you should say & do when selecting a tenant. If ...READ MORE
Rents are usually due on the first day of the month. But generally, rent payment depends on the agreement you have made with the landlord. It may be specified in ...READ MORE
The consequences of getting traffic ticket
Fighting for red light camera traffic ticket
An overview: rent withholding
How to get workers compensation lawyer
Legal help while selling your home
Want to convert your rental unit in to
While choosing tenants, avoid Fair Housing Complaints and
Things a tenant should know about rental agreement