Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Right location is an important factor to running a successful business. A strategic location can give you the right customers and publicity. You may find the right location perfect for ...
Lawyers are everywhere, each has her or his own expertise or specialised area in the fields of law that vary from civil, criminal or appellate litigation. Finding however a good ...
When a married couple gets a divorce, a family court judge may order one spouse to make monthly "alimony" or spousal support payments to the other, based either on a ...
People who are having problems paying their financial obligations sometimes consider bankruptcy to acquire comfort from selection initiatives, remove some or all of their financial obligations or rebuild their debt ...
Dui (DUI), generating while intoxicated (DWI), drunk(en) generating, drink generating, working under the impact, generating under the impact, or impaired generating is the criminal activity of generating a automobile with ...
The Real Estate Law is indeed extensive and this is not possible for a layman to know each and every memorandum of the law. Thus, if you are planning to ...
There are a lot of abusive landlords out there and you best be careful you wouldn't be robbed off blind by one. When renting a unit, you must get everything ...
No crime goes unpunished. No other crime in the US gets more offenders behind bars than Driving Under the Influence or Driving While Intoxicated offenses. Laws per state vary but ...
Traffic laws in the United States vary because every state enacts its own regulations and laws. America has a strict judicial system. There are different sets of traffic laws in ...
Cases vary in issues, facts and remedies. Some of them are intertwined with other cases or an offshoot of one issue. Others file cases which are simply asking for clarification ...
How to Deal With Zoning Problems?
How to find a good lawyer
What is involved in filing for bankruptcy
DUI:Driving under the influence
The real estate law and the tips to
How to get rid of illegal rent?
Punishments And Penalties for DUI/DWI
Why to discuss your legal issue with multiple