Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Real estate transactions can be intimidating at times. You might encounter pitfalls that will make you lose money as you buy your first house. This is why hiring an attorney ...READ MORE
While driving your car, you are not allowed to have any alcohol containers, such as bottles and cans, that have been opened, having broken seal, nor had its content partially ...READ MORE
Dui (DUI) means operating a automobile after consuming liquor or drugs that have affected a person's mental or engine skills. In most declares, a person will be considered "impaired" if ...READ MORE
Every state in US has the unique Rent Control Acts and this is to be protected in the right manner surely. There should indeed be a valid reason behind everything ...READ MORE
Are you a writer or a photographer? Are you an individual who takes on jobs on a contract basis? Are you a freelance caterer who gets paid per booking? Or ...READ MORE
Just as the landlord screens the tenants, you should also check out your landlord. Your landlord wants to know if you are diligent in paying the rent. You should also ...READ MORE
Adopting a child can be a wonderful experience and fortunately, most adoptions work out well for everyone involved. Adoption is a legal process that ends the rights of the biological ...READ MORE
Cases vary in issues, facts and remedies. Some of them are intertwined with other cases or an offshoot of one issue. Others file cases which are simply asking for clarification ...READ MORE
Investing in real estate property has become a trending way to earn a profit for the last 50 years. It is important to learn the different property purchasing options and ...READ MORE
Just because you work in a company that has workers compensation doesn't mean you're entitled for coverage right away. Although it's very unfortunate that you met an accident or that ...READ MORE
The landlord’s right in evict tenants
Basics for Sole Proprietorship
How to check your landlord?
Why to discuss your legal issue with multiple
Different investment property purchasing options
Workers Compensation: Different illness and injuries covered