Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Real estate laws has a broad legal area coverage regulated by state law, federal law, and common law. This law includes land and any immovable structures attached to that land ...READ MORE
You don’t have to worry about getting evicted if you can’t pay rent on time. You won’t, not right away at least. It’s inevitable to run short on funds. It’s ...READ MORE
Drunk Driving is the act where in the driver drives the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This is to such an extent that the person does not ...READ MORE
For any couple the experience of becoming parents can be truly devastating if the child is born with a birth injury; even more so, if it is due to medical ...READ MORE
You might not agree with the results of the police report for your DUI case the first time you see it. The report contains the results of the field sobriety ...READ MORE
When a police officer pulls you over, there are certain steps you must take to make it easier for you to challenge the ticket in court.
When you hear the siren ...READ MORE
A mortgage is an accepted legal recourse wherein a person makes his personal (movable) or real (immovable) property as a security to a loan so that, if the person who ...READ MORE
Right location is an important factor to running a successful business. A strategic location can give you the right customers and publicity. You may find the right location perfect for ...READ MORE
The landlord has the right to evict the tenant especially when the tenant hasn't paid the rent on full and on time. However, the landlord has no right to evict ...READ MORE
Around 90 percent of businesses fail before they even reach ten years. And in this challenging economy, it would be normal if your business would dwindle down to failure. This ...READ MORE
Discuss major real estate laws in the U.S.
Not able to pay rent on time? Dos
Defenses: Most often raised to drunk driving charges?
Birth Injuries due to Medical Malpractice
Important part in your dui case
Pulled Over By police officer
How to Deal With Zoning Problems?
What to do when your tenant doesn’t pay
How to deal with your business debts