Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Landlord tenant law of a dwelling house or a residential building is governed by tenancy law which applies real estate property law and contracts in leasehold estates. If you are ...READ MORE
You might not agree with the results of the police report for your DUI case the first time you see it. The report contains the results of the field sobriety ...READ MORE
When a married couple gets a divorce, a family court judge may order one spouse to make monthly "alimony" or spousal support payments to the other, based either on a ...READ MORE
The saying, DUI or the Driving under Influence only is enough to tense you up. And you can’t ignore the situations it will lead to. The penalty for the same ...READ MORE
Often times, landlord tenant disputes in which renters and residence owners will claim over issues such as maintenance of residence, increasing of the lease, disturbance, trespassing, rental and comfort issues. ...READ MORE
It's really a great idea to hire a real estate attorney early on because it will help you save more time and money as well as defend you from various ...READ MORE
If your house gets damaged by fire or other disasters, you can look to your insurance company for reimbursements. But your success of getting relief from your insurance company may ...READ MORE
Parents who desire to win child custody in the court should first understand the child custody laws in their jurisdiction. The key to win child custody is proving that you ...READ MORE
Lawyers are everywhere, each has her or his own expertise or specialised area in the fields of law that vary from civil, criminal or appellate litigation. Finding however a good ...READ MORE
Traffic tickets have underlying penalties besides the fine, which are usually on the citation. Your driver’s license may be revoked or suspended, depending on the severity of the charge and ...READ MORE
Important part in your dui case
Affordable lawyer for felony charge
How do I know if I need a
How to hire a real estate attorney?
Dealing with your insurance company
How to find a good lawyer
Traffic ticket? Decide Fight for it or Pay