Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
The dui police report you receive contains the evidences against you in the DUI case. These are the evidences that you must overcome in the trial.
The report will have the ...
Are you a writer or a photographer? Are you an individual who takes on jobs on a contract basis? Are you a freelance caterer who gets paid per booking? Or ...
Dui (DUI) means operating a automobile after consuming liquor or drugs that have affected a person's mental or engine skills. In most declares, a person will be considered "impaired" if ...
A short sale and a deed in Lieu of Foreclosure are the best options if you want to give your home up, but don’t want foreclosure. These options let you ...
Drunk Driving is the act where in the driver drives the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This is to such an extent that the person does not ...
Despite your financial worry that a lawyer's fee would cost too much for a simple decision such as buying a house, it would really be very ideal and would be ...
If you are not satisfied with the conditions of the apartment or house you are renting, you can stop paying rent until your landlord does the appropriate repairs. This act ...
DUI DWI arrests are usually due to the use of alcohol as well as illegal drugs.
Not everybody knows that legal drugs, prescription medicines and other over the counter drugs can ...
Your landlord cannot end your tenancy without a good cause and especially without the blessing of the court. If you have received a notice of termination even before the due ...
Alimony means the financial spousal support that the financially strong spouse pays to the other after the divorce.
Alimony law has been made because in the earlier times women did not ...
Understand the DUI police report
Basics for Sole Proprietorship
Legal help in Short Sale or Deed in
Do you need a real estate lawyer while
An overview: rent withholding
Can legal drugs cause DUI DWI arrest?
Notice of eviction before due date of rent