Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
DUI case or Intoxicated driving is the act of working or generating an automobile while under the impact of liquor or medication to the level that psychological and engine skills ...
Cell phones are technologically advancing at a significantly fast pace. Before, you can only use it to text and call. Now, you can use it to browse the internet, send ...
Are you a writer or a photographer? Are you an individual who takes on jobs on a contract basis? Are you a freelance caterer who gets paid per booking? Or ...
Declaring bankruptcy is one of the many options a debtor can perform when he can no longer meet the terms of his financial obligations to his creditors. In the United ...
Several forms of harassment could occur between a tenant and the landlord. Most of the time, it's the landlord who gets the upper hand because he is the owner of ...
Car injuries signify the majority of accidental injuries statements in the United States.
According to the National Road Traffic Safety Management, a car incident occurs in the U.S. every ten seconds ...
There are private credits reporting agencies that collect credit files and other consumer information and sell them. Landlords can get the credit report of their tenants through these agencies. Landlords ...
Investing in real estate property has become a trending way to earn a profit for the last 50 years. It is important to learn the different property purchasing options and ...
Just because you work in a company that has workers compensation doesn't mean you're entitled for coverage right away. Although it's very unfortunate that you met an accident or that ...
If you are not satisfied with the conditions of the apartment or house you are renting, you can stop paying rent until your landlord does the appropriate repairs. This act ...
Why driving and cell phone usage shouldn’t be
Basics for Sole Proprietorship
Legal aid in landlord harassment
How landlords can check a tenant’s credit report?
Different investment property purchasing options
Workers Compensation: Different illness and injuries covered
An overview: rent withholding