Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
It's really a great idea to hire a real estate attorney early on because it will help you save more time and money as well as defend you from various ...READ MORE
A commercial property, just like any other real estate, is a good investment. Examples of commercial properties include office buildings, retail buildings, industrial buildings, warehouses, apartment buildings, and properties that ...READ MORE
If you want to be one of those who were wise to disguise their names as owners to their real estate investment, you can consider doing it so with a ...READ MORE
Car injuries signify the majority of accidental injuries statements in the United States.
According to the National Road Traffic Safety Management, a car incident occurs in the U.S. every ten seconds ...READ MORE
Cases vary in issues, facts and remedies. Some of them are intertwined with other cases or an offshoot of one issue. Others file cases which are simply asking for clarification ...READ MORE
Operating or driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs that impair your driving skills and perception is a crime in the United States which is ...READ MORE
Driving privileges can be revoked for reasonable violations. These violations may pertain to driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated that leads to disobedience to simple or complex road ...READ MORE
Personal injury lawsuit is very expensive and time consuming legal endeavour. This type of lawsuit involves monetary claims for damages incurred by the victim as well as for the injuries ...READ MORE
Just as the landlord screens the tenants, you should also check out your landlord. Your landlord wants to know if you are diligent in paying the rent. You should also ...READ MORE
Contact Affordable Lawyer
How to hire a real estate attorney?
Investing in commercial property: know the pros and
Reason to buy investment property under a real
Why to discuss your legal issue with multiple
DWI: Driving while intoxicated
Driving license suspended? how to preventions
Medical records are important
How to check your landlord?