Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
The saying, DUI or the Driving under Influence only is enough to tense you up. And you can’t ignore the situations it will lead to. The penalty for the same ...
There are a lot of abusive landlords out there and you best be careful you wouldn't be robbed off blind by one. When renting a unit, you must get everything ...
There are Federal and State laws that promote antidiscrimination where you as a landlord have certain limitations with the things you should say & do when selecting a tenant. If ...
Cell phones are technologically advancing at a significantly fast pace. Before, you can only use it to text and call. Now, you can use it to browse the internet, send ...
Traffic violations don't seem to be all minor offences since they need major ramifications within the future. Reckless driving causes most of the traffic accidents and to stop that, traffic ...
When you are neck deep in your debts and there are creditor’s threats looming and lurking around ready to take your assets and leave you with nothing, you may need ...
Driving is not just a right, it is actually a privilege. A lot of people are not concerned about losing their license when they speed up and cross a stop ...
Despite your financial worry that a lawyer's fee would cost too much for a simple decision such as buying a house, it would really be very ideal and would be ...
A landlord can legally cancel the rental agreement if the tenant commits a significant violation or break the law.
Ending “For Cause”
When the landlord wants to end the tenancy due to ...
Defining how many people can live in a rental unit is one of the biggest problems that some landlords have to face. The legally defined specifics vary per state. This ...
Affordable lawyer for felony charge
How to get rid of illegal rent?
While choosing tenants, avoid Fair Housing Complaints and
Why driving and cell phone usage shouldn’t be
declaring yourself bankrupt?
Know how your driver license can be suspended
Do you need a real estate lawyer while
Landlord cancel agreement: when and how?
Too many people living in single rental unit….what