Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
There are several ways in which you can evict the tenant you don't like without raising the red flag. One of it is to convert or demolish your rented unit. ...
Traffic laws in the United States vary because every state enacts its own regulations and laws. America has a strict judicial system. There are different sets of traffic laws in ...
Lawyers are everywhere, each has her or his own expertise or specialised area in the fields of law that vary from civil, criminal or appellate litigation. Finding however a good ...
DUI DWI arrests are usually due to the use of alcohol as well as illegal drugs.
Not everybody knows that legal drugs, prescription medicines and other over the counter drugs can ...
Dui (DUI), generating while intoxicated (DWI), drunk(en) generating, drink generating, working under the impact, generating under the impact, or impaired generating is the criminal activity of generating a automobile with ...
Drunk Driving is the act where in the driver drives the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This is to such an extent that the person does not ...
The Real Estate Law is indeed extensive and this is not possible for a layman to know each and every memorandum of the law. Thus, if you are planning to ...
A short sale and a deed in Lieu of Foreclosure are the best options if you want to give your home up, but don’t want foreclosure. These options let you ...
It's really a great idea to hire a real estate attorney early on because it will help you save more time and money as well as defend you from various ...
Even though medical malpractice is very common and a matter of great concern and worry in this country, there’s little awareness amongst people regarding it. Many times it is considered ...
Want to convert your rental unit in to
How to find a good lawyer
Can legal drugs cause DUI DWI arrest?
DUI:Driving under the influence
The real estate law and the tips to
Legal help in Short Sale or Deed in
How to hire a real estate attorney?
What you should know about Medical Malpractice