Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Contracts of Lease is a common bilateral agreement between the Lessor (the landlord), the party who leases a space or a property for a fee (more popularly recognized as rents) ...
The term copyright is not a novel term. However still here are many who have no idea about how copyright work? If you are one of those who are in ...
Tenant illegal act or crime conducted on your rented property is a good ground for eviction. It's also a good ground for you to be criminally prosecuted if proven that ...
Alimony means the financial spousal support that the financially strong spouse pays to the other after the divorce.
Alimony law has been made because in the earlier times women did not ...
Right location is an important factor to running a successful business. A strategic location can give you the right customers and publicity. You may find the right location perfect for ...
If you think you don’t deserve the traffic ticket you got, you can exert effort to fight it off. There are certain strategies you can do to successfully fight traffic ...
An LLC or a limited liability company will benefit you in many ways if you decide to buy real estate properties. That's because it will provide plenty of protection in ...
Landlord tenant law of a dwelling house or a residential building is governed by tenancy law which applies real estate property law and contracts in leasehold estates. If you are ...
If you are not an expert in buying or selling a real estate property, you need the help of a sales agent to walk you through the entire process. You ...
A short sale and a deed in Lieu of Foreclosure are the best options if you want to give your home up, but don’t want foreclosure. These options let you ...
How to Deal With Zoning Problems?
How to fight traffic tickets (Top Strategies)
Why buy investment property under an LLC
Buying or Selling real estate property
Legal help in Short Sale or Deed in