Types of Medical Malpractice
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys explains medical malpractice in more detail. The most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose – if a competent doctor would have discovered that patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis that would have likely resulted in a better outcome.
- Improper treatment – if a doctor treats a patient in a way in which no other competent doctor would, or if a doctor selects the appropriate treatment but administers it incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks – the duty of informed consent requires doctors to warn patients of the known risks of a medical procedure.
In order to prove that medical malpractice took place, you must be able to prove the following:
- That a doctor-patient relationship existed
- That the doctor (or medical provider) was negligent
- That the doctor’s (or medical provider’s) negligence caused the injury
- That the injury led to specific damages
Medical malpractice cases are complicated and each case is unique. To win a case, you need an extensive understanding of both the law and the practice of medicine. Expert testimony or an expert affidavit is often required for a legitimate medical malpractice lawsuit so it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to guide you through the process.
Have you recently moved out and you’ve decided to move again into a rented residential unit? Did you know that the tenant rights made by the Federal and State bodies ...
Driving is not just a right, it is actually a privilege. A lot of people are not concerned about losing their license when they speed up and cross a stop ...
Landlord tenant law of a dwelling house or a residential building is governed by tenancy law which applies real estate property law and contracts in leasehold estates. If you are ...
Kid misuse is the actual, sex-related or emotional maltreatment or ignore of kids or kids. In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department ...
Right location is an important factor to running a successful business. A strategic location can give you the right customers and publicity. You may find the right location perfect for ...
Cell phones are technologically advancing at a significantly fast pace. Before, you can only use it to text and call. Now, you can use it to browse the internet, send ...
Divorce is anyway not a very pleasant experience. And when you consider the emotional, physical and financial trauma two of them undergo, it is really tedious to deal with it. ...
DUI case or Intoxicated driving is the act of working or generating an automobile while under the impact of liquor or medication to the level that psychological and engine skills ...
Investing in real estate property has become a trending way to earn a profit for the last 50 years. It is important to learn the different property purchasing options and ...
Afterall, you are going to invest a good nest egg on it and real estate transactions are undoubtedly important. There are a plenty of things to consider when buying or ...
Tenant Rights and responsibilities
Know how your driver license can be suspended
How to Deal With Zoning Problems?
Why driving and cell phone usage shouldn’t be
Different investment property purchasing options
Questions which should be asked to a real